In my previous emails I was asking subscribed users to fill in my questionnaire on Google Form. Thank you for your replies, I didn't get many of them, but they are still very valuable for me.
This time I will publish only parts of the form which were supposed for open comments. When I will have more results, I will post here also graphs.
Anyway, here it is 🙂
1. Question: How would you improve Theme Maker? What do you miss here?
- I don't know if it's possible but to have theme maker working on any Prestashop theme.
- Positioning and adding modules; layout customization? A save and/ or go back/forward option, so can compare changes.
- The PREVIEW function is not so great. Needs improvement the ability to have different templates for the design, not the usual rigid schedule type Prestashop, best chance to decorate all the parts of the template, I have to think more
- It's stick too much with the default theme
- Position of search box (to the right side)
- I would prefer to get modified css files from the original, not these "custommaker.css" files. Sometimes there could be more features (defining roundings in px, not premade rounded corners, possibility to chose between fixed, scrolling, cover, contain and so on for backround images etc.)
- drag and drop of module placement on pages
- Ease of knowing exactly where and how to change fonts on each page/level.
2. Question: What do you like most and what do you dislike most about Theme Maker?
- Easy to use, pretty responsive, great site/ app. If anything I dislike is the preview hardly works for me, but the site is responsive anyway, so very good still.
- I’d like to be able to download my old created sites, even if my subscription is expired. Of course, not to make new one.
- The best thing for me is number of modifications
- The workflow is very smooth and user friendly. But the options for modifiying an downloading are not so user friendly. every time i modify a theme, it will create another download. The only way to download the latest is to look at the creation date.
- Love that I can make my own theme and add my backgrounds. Would like to see it a little easier to navigate to the different levels of categories and know how to change the fonts/colors, etc.
3. Question: Any other message?
- Theme Maker is awesome.
- Very useful app, thanks and please keep up the great work, i tend to use this a lot in future
- Great job Andreji
- Everything is great 🙂
- the project ist very good and i really like it. It would be veeeeery cool, if you keep an eye at the prestshop community theme (https://github.com/PrestaShop/community-theme-16) an offer the same service for this project than for the original "bootstrap-default" 🙂 Thank you very much for your awesome work!
- Keep up the good work! I'll be back when I want to change again!
These improvements are now on my list to improve
Thanks to your feedback from the form and from our personal emails, I made a list of the next improvements:
- I will think about more options how to customize homepage. It's quite hard to find the right balance between simplicity and complexity. My priority is to keep the themes away from third-party modules which could cause any potential incompatibility.
- Improve selection of fonts. I will create a selectbox instead of sending users to Google Fonts website.
- I'm working on a new project which will help you to generate beautiful emails for your eshops
- Improve options for side blocks in the category view and the main menu (Shape, Shadow & Background)
- Option to upload a theme from URL address, without the need to download the ZIP file
Basically the biggest complain was: the themes look too similar to the defaul theme. So this is my priority number one!
If you have any thoughts, please share in the comments or reply the Google Form 🙂