Prestashop 1.5 – transparent PNG logo

You have just set up your eshop, uploaded your PNG logo and... hey! Why does it have a white background? The reason is the logo has been converted to JPG. And JPG images don't support transparency. How sad.

The solution is very easy.

Go to your back office > preferences > images and check the "image quality" as seen below.

After this, just reupload your logo again and it's done!

Optimal JPEG quality

Another question could - what is the suitable JPEG quality value which is listed below?

The quality should be around 70-75 - The image at low quality (less then 20) and displays very poor color. This would be useful if the image were displayed in a significantly scaled down size - but this isn't this case.

You may find more information about JPEG quality on wikipedia.

Incoming search terms:

About the author:

Hi, I'm Andrej Staš and I'm the creator of Presta-theme-maker.com, IT freelancer, freeline-skates fan and salsa dancer. If you'd like to connect to me - check out my my portfolio.

6 Comments (+add yours?)

henry

Jan 23, 2013 @ 11:35:41 · Reply

Hello,
how to remove the logo “my eshop” in thememaker?
thememaker exist in french?

Thank

henry

Andrej

Jan 23, 2013 @ 12:31:55 · Reply

Hello Henry,

don’t worry about the logo. You can upload your own once you have installed your Prestashop.

Phil

Jan 24, 2013 @ 17:23:27 · Reply

Tried what you said above but it still wont accept a png, the only way I could get it to work is to change the .png to .jpg.

Andrej

Jan 25, 2013 @ 07:38:32 · Reply

Honestly, I’m not sure what the problem is.

The logo of your eshop isn’t connected with the Maker in any way. Just install your eshop and upload your logo – that’s all

Loic

Feb 20, 2013 @ 09:29:02 · Reply

Great, thanks.. This solved my problem. Started with this long winded version (that worked) but this version solves it without changing anything in the tpl files. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/166834-solved-transparent-header-logo-problem/

Torben Rune

Feb 21, 2014 @ 07:43:03 · Reply

I did just this to get the transparent logo, and it works. BUT! I don’t know if this “side effect” is in any way connected to this: After regeneration of larger product images on the home page, the “new” product ribbon (red ribbon in right hand corner) has disappeared on all pics.
I still use the setting “use png and jpg”. Can I put i bag to “only jpg”, and will that affect the logo if I regenerate all pics?